CarboSOIL is included in the project “Development of e-system CARBOSOIL to evaluate the carbon sequestration capacity of soils in Andalusia. Integrating factors to climate change mitigation in the MicroLEIS system” funded by Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness (MICINN) and developed with the participation of University of Seville.
The CarboSOIL model has been developed from a mathematical model that can predict the amount of carbon that can be stored in a type of soil depending on their physicochemical characteristics and land use (agriculture and forestry) suitable for that type soil.
Uses of CarboSOIL model
The CarboSOIL model id divided into four sub-models according to the different floor sections.
CarboSOIL 25 (0-25 cm), CarboSOIL 50 (25-50 cm), CarboSOIL 75 (50-75 cm) y CarboSOIL TOTAL (0-75 cm).
- M. Muñoz Rojas (2012), Modelling soil carbon sequestration capacity in Mediterranean Soils, Edited by: University of Seville. Doctoral thesis.
- M Muñoz-Rojas, A Jordán, L M Zavala, F A González-Peñaloza, D De la Rosa, R Pino-Mejias, and M Anaya-Romero (2013), Modelling soil organic C stocks in climate change scenarios: a CarboSOIL model application Biogeosciences 10:,8253–8268.
- M Muñoz-Rojas, S K Abd-Elmabod, A Jordán, L M Zavala, M Anaya-Romero, D,De la Rosa (2014), Potential soil organic carbon stocks in semiarid,areas under climate change scenarios: an application of CarboSOIL model,in northern Egypt In: European Geosciences Union General,Assembly EGU2014-638-3 European Geosciences Union Vienna: Geophysical,Research Abstracts, Vol. 16.
- M Muñoz-Rojas, L Dorod,,Luigi, R Francaviglia. Application of,CarboSOIL,model to predict the effects of climate change on soil,organiccarbon,stocks in agro-silvo-pastoral Mediterranean management,systems. In:,Agriculture, Ecosystems and Environment, Vol. 202, 2015, p.,8-16.,10.1016/j.agee.2014.12.014
- Miriam Muñoz-Rojas, Sameh K. Abd-Elmabod, Lorena M. Zavala, Diego De la Rosa, Antonio Jordán. Climate change impacts on soil organic carbon stocks of Mediterranean agricultural areas: A case study in Northern Egypt. In: Agriculture Ecosystems and Environment, Vol. 238, 2017, p.142-152.
- Lozano-Garcia, Beatriz; Munoz-Rojas, Miriam; Parras-Alcantara, Luis. Climate and land use changes effects on soil organic carbon stocks in a Mediterranean semi-natural area. In: Science of the total environment, Vol. 579, 2017, p. 1249-1259.